2019 ULMS Rules…….WITH THE EXCEPTION OF RUNNING HOOSIER TIRES ONLY!!!
. Car Specifications
1. BODIES: (Should be the same as WoO LMs) 1. Nosepiece and roof must match body style of car.
2 All cars must have a minimum of one inch (1‖) and a maximum of two inches (2‖) roll at top of fenders, doors and quarter panels. A sharp edge will not be permitted. Body roll must go from sides over upper body, not upper body over sides.
3. Floor boards and firewall must cover the driver’s area and be constructed to provide maximum safety.
4. Legible numbers! At least eighteen inches (18‖) high are required on each side of the car and on the roof.
5. Must have number on front nose and rear fuel cell and be a minimum of six inches (6‖) in height.
6. No fins or lips of any kind permitted anywhere along the entire length of the car.
7. Body line must be a smooth even line from front to rear.
8. No wedge cars permitted, period!
9. All cars must use corresponding engine. EXAMPLE: Ford-Ford, Chevy-Chevy, Mopar-Mopar.
10. No ―belly pans‖ or any type of enclosure on bottom of car is permitted. Skid plate to protect oil pan is permitted.
11 No wings or tunnels of any kind allowed underneath the body or chassis of the car. Maximum of one (1) stone deflector, for rear mounted oil pumps, oil filters, and for the main oil tank, will be allowed. It may be made of steel, aluminum, or heavy gauge wire. Cover may only be mounted near the unit it is designed to protect with a maximum size of 18 in. X 18 in. and mounted only from the upper right frame rail to the lower right frame rail.
12. All non-approved bodies, will be assessed a fifty pound (50#) minimum weight penalty.
13. No panels of any kind under rear deck running from front to rear of car.
14. Any air cleaner scoops used must be positioned in front of or around air cleaner and cannot exceed one inch (1‖) in height above any part of air cleaner. Scoop cannot extend more than twenty inches (20‖) forward of center of said cleaner. Scoop cannot be designed to create and fins or raised edges to direct airflow. Scoop cannot extend behind rear of air cleaner and must have a maximum width of seventeen inches (17‖) at rear, with a maximum of ten inch (10‖) width at front and cannot have more than one inch (1‖) opening from hood in height at front.
15. No adjustable shocks, hydraulic or pneumatic weight jacks, trackers, MSD boxes or similar adjustable components of any kind inside cockpit of car. No taping over. Must be removed from car.
2. STOCK NOSEPIECES:
1. All stock nosepieces must be approved by Technical Inspector.
2. Nosepieces must be made of molded type material.
3. Two (2)-piece nose must be fastened together in center. No spacers to gain width permitted.
4. Must be mounted so as not to alter original shape.
5. No material can be removed from nosepiece. No cutting from bottom, top or sides.
6. No adding to bottom at frontal area to achieve lower ground clearance.
7. Stock nosepiece can extend a maximum of fifty two inches (52”) from center of front hub to farthest point extending forward. No Left Front Nose Wing for CT525. All Cars will have stock style nosepiece from (Performance Bodies, Five Star, Dominator, etc.)
8. Front fender flairs must be made of plastic and cannot alter original shape of nosepiece. Front fender
flairs cannot extend beyond front tire more than one inch (1”)in width with wheels pointed straight.
9. Front fender flairs must have collapsible support.
3. ROOFS & ROOF SUPPORTS:
1. Roof length size must be a minimum of forty-four inches (44‖) to a maximum of fifty-four inches (54‖). 2. Roof width size must be a minimum of forty-eight inches (48‖) to a maximum of fifty-two inches (52‖). 3. Must be stock appearing and mounted level.
4. Forty-five inch (45‖) minimum forty-eight inch maximum height from ground.
5. Must be mounted parallel to body and near center of car.
6. A maximum one and one half inch (1.5‖) roll, turned downward, is permitted along the front edge of the roof. A maximum one-inch (1‖) roll, turned downward, is permitted along the rear edge of the roof. (Roll permitted to help strengthen roof).
7. No flat or odd shaped roofs permitted.
8. Any sun/antiglare shields may exceed a 4‖ drop from top roofline, and must hinge for easy exiting.
9. All roof side panels must extend to edge of body. Roof side panel window size must match dimensions in drawings. Window area may be covered with clear Lexan or transparent material. Both roof support openings must be covered or both must be left open. Decals will be permitted but must meet dimensions in drawing and must be approved by Technical Inspector.
10. Dimensions for roof side panels. Any sun shields, four inch (4‖) maximum, must be able to hinge for easy exiting of car. Front roof supports permitted to be no more or no less than two inches (2‖) wide and extend to back of hood.
4. FRONT FENDERS AND HOOD:
1. Must be level and flat from left to right side of car.
2. Fenders not permitted to gain height from rear to front of car.
3. No part of fender or hood can be outside of the bodyline.
4. Thirty-seven inch (37”) maximum front fender height. Height is measured vertically from ground to top of fender behind front tires.
1. Door cannot exceed seventy-six inches (76”) in its entirety at top of door.
2. Door cannot exceed eighty-two inches (82”) in width at bottom in center of car.
3. Door cannot exceed thirty-six inches (37”) of height measured from ground.
4. At no point can door sides break in towards center of car between top and bottom measurement.
5. Minimum ground clearance three inches (3‖).
6. QUARTER PANELS:
1. Fifty-three inches (53”) maximum center of rear hub to top corner of quarter panel
2. Quarter panel cannot exceed seventy-six inches (76‖) at any point on top.
3. Quarter panel cannot exceed eighty-six inches (86‖) at bottom.
4. Forty-eight inches (49”) maximum length center of rear hub to end of quarter panel.
5. Thirty-nine inches (39”) maximum height from top of deck to ground. This will be measured at the LR of deck during pre race inspection and upon entering the track in all qualifying, heats, bmains and feature events.
6 No offset quarter panels permitted. Quarter panels must run inline with doors.
7. Tire clearance from body must be a minimum of two inches (2”).
8. Any skirting cannot extend behind quarter panel.
9. At no point can quarter panel sides break in towards center of the car.
10. Left rear quarter panel must extend downward from deck minimum 33” with plastic skirt at all points. Right rear quarter panel must extend down from deck minimum of 31” with plastic skirt or 27” without plastic skirt at all points.
1. Rear spoiler must be manufactured of adequate strength such as Lexan or Aluminum.
2. Rear spoiler material maximum eight inches (8”) height measured from deck to tip of material. Spoiler Maximum width seventy-two inches (72”). Teams with the CT525 motor spoiler will be allowed a maximum width of seventy-six (76”) with only a eight inch (8”) spoiler.
3. Rear spoiler is not permitted to be suspended above the deck to create a ―wing effect‖.
4. Rear spoiler must begin where quarter panels end.
5. No more than three (3) spoiler supports permitted, front edge of spoiler supports must be in line.
6. Spoiler supports cannot be mounted wider than top of quarter panel.
7. Spoilers will be measured according to total length of and width of material, in any shape or form. If aluminum angle is used to brace upper edge of spoiler, it may not add to spoiler height or length in any way.
8. Dimension of spoiler supports.
1. No area of the interior of cockpit can be less than twelve inches (12‖) below the roof and roll cage for safety and easy exiting of car from either side measured straight up and down. Side windows must have fifteen inches (15‖) minimum, at angle to door. No support bars blocking right window exit from cockpit allowed. Rock guard must end at steering wheel for 12‖ clearance and easy exit on right side of car.
2. Dropped interiors may begin no further forward than rear engine plate with a maximum of 4‖ and cannot drop below 4‖ of rear of hood. Interior must gradually taper up to the quarter panel height and be level for twenty inches (20‖) from rear of the quarter panel and deck.
9. DRIVER COMPARTMENTS:
1. A full metal firewall must encompass the driver’s compartment – front, rear, both sides and floorboards. Aluminum or sheet metal acceptable. Driver side impact plate (steel) is recommended.
2. Driver’s seat must be of a proper Racing Seat design, located on the left side of the car and securely attached to frame. A full containment seat is highly recommended.
3. The use of at least a Five (5) point seat belt system including a crotch belt is required. The system is to be mounted to the frame and not to the floor pan. The mounts must be run at the same direction as the belts are intended to secure the driver.
4. All cars must have a quick-release type steering wheel.
5. All cars must have a working starter, operated from inside the car.
6. All drivers must wear full fire resistant driver’s suits including tops and bottoms if two-piece. Any driver not having a complete fire resistant suit will not be allowed to compete. Fire resistant shoes and gloves are not mandatory but are highly recommended.
7. No mirrors permitted. 8 No radios allowed in car or on anyone connected with car. (except for Raceiver)
1. No aluminum frames or front clips permitted.
2. Wheel base width must between a minimum of one hundred three inches (103‖) and maximum of one hundred five inches (105‖).
3. All frames must be of steel construction and must be a minimum of two inches (2‖) by two inches (2‖) square, or rectangular, with a minimum material thickness of .083 inches.
4. If Round Tube frame, tubing must have a minimum of one and three quarter inch (1.75‖) outside diameter, with a minimum material thickness of .083 inches. These frames must use 4130 Chrome Moly Steel or Dom for construction.
5. If rear bumper is stubbed, it may only extend a maximum of eight inches (8‖) beyond the frame. Any stubbed rear bumper that extends eight inches (8‖) or more beyond the frame must be rounded and directed towards the front of car eight inches (8‖). 6. No external rub rails.
11. ROLL CAGES:
1. Cars must have a suitable steel cage in driver’s compartment including headrest.
2. Side roll bars are mandatory and must extend into the door panels.
3 A minimum of three (3) bars must be used on the left side of the car. Each bar must be a minimum of one and one-half inch in diameter with a minimum thickness of .065.
4. Roll cage must be welded to the frame.
5 Roll cage must be above the driver’s helmet.
6. Any ―fin-shaped or foil-shaped‖ add-ons to any part of the roll cage must be constructed of steel and must not exceed maximum of seven inches (7‖) total circumference
1. Only V8 engines will be allowed with no limit on cubic inch displacement. NO 602 or 604 Crate Motors allowed in 2018 racing season.
2 Engines must be based on a factory design and must be naturally aspirated. Aluminum or steel blocks are permitted.
3 Magnetos are permitted. However, the engine must have an operating self-starter. GM CT525—Coil packs permitted.
4. The engine is permitted to be set back a maximum of six inches (6‖) from center of ball joint to front of spark plug hole.
5. Carburetor is limited to one (1) four barrel.
6. All engines are limited to one (1) spark plug and two (2) valves per cylinder.
7. GM CT525 crate motor part #19171821. 10.7:1 maximum compression ratio for GM CT525 motor. GM CT525 motor must be purchased from an authorized dealer and MUST remain sealed at all times. GM factory encrypted bolts cannot be altered, removed or changed. Absolutely no modification of any internal engine part. Breather system and valve cover MAY be modified. All other motor parts included with the motor as shipped from GM must remain OEM and may NOT be modified including valve springs, push rods, harmonic balancers, rocker arms etc. No machine work permitted. GM part number may not be removed from any part. Any motor modification will result in one year suspension and loss of all points and winnings. Any GM bolts that have been copied are considered trademark infringement and will be reported to the manufacturer for legal proceedings. All motor parts must be same parts listed in GM book part #88958668. Wet sump only. 10‖ maximum setback measured from the center of the ball joint to the center of the left front spark plug. GM crate motors may NOT be unsealed and may NOT be rebuilt without series approval before the rebuild. If permitted, the motor must be rebuilt at a series-authorized motor builder. Motors that are torn down for series tech must be reassembled with all of the exact same parts at the time of tear down except those that are determined by the tech official to be damaged by the tear down process. Any tear-down damaged part must be replaced with the exact same GM part. Reassembled motor must inspected and resealed by authorized tech center BEFORE further competition. By using a GM crate motor in competition, the race team acknowledges all responsibility for the legality of the motor upon inspection at any event regardless of any previous motor verification. 13.
TRANSMISSIONS: 1 No direct drives allowed. Transmission must be bolted to engine. Must have forward and reverse gears. Must be able to shift to forward or reverse with engine running. Car must be equipped with starter.
14. DRIVE SHAFTS:
1 All drive shafts must be a minimum of two inches (2‖) in diameter. If drive shaft is steel or aluminum, it must be silver or white.
2 Only one drive shaft permitted.
3 Must have secure driveshaft hoop or sling.
15. REAR ENDS:
1. Any type of rear end differential is permitted.
2. No ―live axle‖ rear ends.
3. No independent rear suspension.
4. Floater ―wide five‖ hub assembly only.
1. All cars must be equipped with four-wheel disc braking system.
1. Must be constructed of aluminum or steel, remount reservoirs are legal.
1. Coil springs must be steel. Leaf springs may be composite or steel.
19. TRACTION CONTROL DEVICES:
1. All traction control devices utilizing wheel sensors or any means of measuring ground speed to control wheel spin is strictly prohibited.
2. Adjustable ping control devices, dial a chip controls, timing controls, or automated throttle controls are NOT permitted in cockpit or accessible to driver.
3. Any remote controlled components inside or outside the cockpit of any competitor’s race car are NOT permitted.
4. No data acquisitions systems are permitted.
5. Any competitor found with any of the above mentioned will be fined $10,000 and banned till fine is paid.
1. Steel, aluminum, carbon fiber or plastic wheels are permitted.
2. Wheels must be mounted with lug nuts. No ―knock-off‖ mounting devices permitted.
3. Maximum wheel width permitted is fourteen inches (14”‖).
4. Wheel spacers are permitted provided they do not cause the front track width to exceed the ninety inches (90”) maximum or rear track to exceed eighty-eight inches (88”‖) maximum measured outside to outside of tire.
21. TIRES: (Any approved brand of tire that follows below specs.)
1. All tires may have a maximum size of 11‖by 29‖by 15‖, unless specified otherwise.
2 Maximum circumference – ninety-three inches (93”).
3. Maximum width (sidewall to sidewall) sixteen and three-quarters inches (16.75‖) – No Tolerance. Tire Hoops may be used, and must pass freely over tire.
4. Late Models MUST have 1300 or HARDER Hoosier Racing Tire compound on ALL FOUR CORNERS. . Grooving and Siping is allowed.
No tire softening permitted.
22. FUEL SYSTEMS:
1. All cars must have fuel cells – 32 gallon maximum. Fuel cell must be in completely enclosed 18-gauge steel container. All containers must be completely visible. Driver must be prepared to drain fuel upon request for measurement.
2. Fuel pick up must be on top of fuel cell and of steel, and must have check valve in case of roll over.
3. Racing gasoline or alcohol are permitted. No nitrous oxide, nitro-methane, or propylene oxide permitted. Fuel may be checked at any time.
4. Fuel cell must be securely mounted behind rear axle between rear tires. A minimum of four inches (4”) ahead of rear bumper no lower than quick-change housing. Must be mounted with a minimum of two 125-inch (1/8‖) thick steel straps two inches (2‖) wide around entire cell. All cells must be securely mounted to frame. Bolts used to mount fuel cell must be a minimum of 7/16‖.
5. No fuel injection system or electrical fuel pumps or any type of pressurized fuel system allowed. Must be mechanical or belt driven fuel pumps only.
6. Fire system is highly recommended.
1. Exhaust is not permitted to be directed towards ground. (Exhaust must be parallel to the ground.)
2. All headers must end with collector.
1. Any attached weights must be securely bolted to frame, painted white or silver and have car number clearly on them. For any weight that exceeds twenty pounds (20 #’s), you must have minimum half-inch (1/2‖) bolts. NO ALL THREAD will be allowed. Due to the high risk factor involved, any car that loses lead weight during an event may be fined according to circumstances.
2. No weights may be attached to rear bumper.
3. No lead pellets – No liquid weights.
4. No driver-operated weight adjustment devices permitted.
5. Total weight of car with driver will be 2300 lbs AFTER EACH EVENT for open motor and 2200# for the CT525 motor, 604-602 crate engine and steel block entrys.
1. No Two-Way Radios
2. Hand signals will be accepted communication with driver. Colored gloves will be permitted.
3. No car will qualify without inspector approval. All cars must be available for inspection prior to advertised time of driver’s meeting. Following the drivers meeting, covers of any type are prohibited until the feature is completed. All race cars are subject to inspection by officials at any time.
4. RACEIVERS will be used in 2019. Frequency 467.3625 unless noted otherwise at track.
RACE DIRECTOR HAS FINAL DECISION ON ANY AND ALL RULE CHANGES.
2019 Super Late Model GM CT525 Tech Specs
GM CT525 Balanced internal
Block part number #19171821
Block typev cast-aluminum with 6-bolt, cross-bolted main caps
Bore x stroke (in) 4.065 x 3.62 (103.25 x 92mm)
Camshaft duration (@.050 in) 226 degree intake / 236 degree exhaust
Camshaft lift (in) . CT525 intake / .CT525 exhaust
Camshaft part number #12480110
Camshaft type hydraulic roller
Compression ratio 10.7:1
Connecting rod part number #12617570
Connecting rods type powdered metal
Crankshaft part number #12597569
Crankshaft type nodular iron
Cylinder head part number #12615879
Cylinder head type LS3 rectangle port; aluminum as-cast with 68cc chambers
Displacement (cu in) 376 cu in (6.2L)
Engine name Circle Track CT525/CT525:
Engine type LS Series Gen IV Small-Block V-8
Maximum rpm 6700
Piston part number #19168089
Pistons type hypereutectic aluminum
Recommended fuel 92 octane
Reluctor wheel 58X
Rocker arm ratio 1.7:1
Rocker arms part number #12569167 intake / #10214664 exhaust
Rocker arms type investment-cast, roller trunnion
Valve size (in) 2.165 intake / 1.59 exhaust